We all have people in our life who have done us bad. I'm mean real bad. I'm talking your hanging on a cliff and they're hitting your fingers with a hammer bad. So you get really upset/mad/hurt, but you never really confront what happened. No one ever says they're sorry, no one ever talks about what happened and why it happened. In fact, after a little while you see each other you just act like the horrible act of heart-crushing hurt they inflicted upon you never happened. This is my problem. The above scenario is carried out by so many people who are in and out of my life that it's just ridiculous. Is it better to let this hurt go and pretend it didn't happen, or do you risk rocking the boat again by confronting a "dead" issue. I don't think it's healthy to just let stuff go, because you don't ever really let it go. You remember it, it pisses you off/makes you sad/brings you down, and you can't help but think "Man I wish we could just hash this out already". It's crazy! I see these people and in my head I'm thinking "F*&k you, F*&k you, you evil little demon", but my actions couldn't be farther from truth. It's just easier to smile and be polite then to confront the real issue? Why is it so hard for people to say they are sorry? Why is it so hard to just admit "hey I was a huge prick, I hurt you, and I'm sorry"? Even if your not sorry for what you said or did, could you at least be sorry for how it turned out, for the effect it had? It won't really change what happened, and the hurt has already healed somewhat, but a simple "sorry" can kill the zombie issues once and for all. That's what these memories are to me, a zombie that keeps coming back even though I shoot it in the head, set it on fire, and spray it with holy water. But some of my zombies are really old, and it may be best to just try and zombie proof my house then to banish them for ever. I guess I'm scared that trying to finally get rid of them is only going to make more. That's all it is, I'm a giant chicken shit. I'm afraid of what the other person will say or do, so I just sit and let the memory decay in my brain.
So this is my formal invitation to ANYONE I have ever wronged, in whatever way, LET'S HASH IT OUT. Send me a message, I promise not to tell. I may have known what I did, or I may not, so just tell me what happened, how I hurt you, and I swear I'll work with you to make it better, even if it's just an "I'M SORRY". I know there are some of you out there, because just like I've been hurt, I know I've hurt others. Please, I don't want to be anyone's zombie anymore.
I know right now a bunch of you are judging me, and thats ok. Your thinking, "just let it go, lay it down and walk away". But how do you walk away from a memory? There isn't any "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" scenerios I can play out here. So for now I'll just keep putting new boards up on my windows and hope that they hold for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment